Scientific meetings co-organized by Chief Scientist Øyvind Ytrehus and other employees at Simula UiB.
- Finse Winter School 2018, May 6–11, Finse, Norway. Research School in Computer and Information Security.
- Secure Cloud Services and Storage Workshop 2017, Oslo Norway, September 10, 2017. The workshop focused on research to secure cloud services and storage. Håvard Raddum and Mohsen Toorani were members of the organizing committee.
- 5th International Castle Meeting, August 28–31, 2017, Vihula Manor, Estonia. Meeting on coding theory and applications. Øyvind Ytrehus and Ángela I. Barbero were co-chairs.
- Institut Mittag-Leffler, May 14–19, 2017, Stockholm, Sweden. Workshop in Information Theory and Coding Theory with Applications to Data Security and Privacy. Eirik Rosnes, Siddhartha Kumar, and Øyvind Ytrehus from Simula UiB gave talks.
- Finse Winter School 2017, May 8–12, 2017, Finse, Norway. Research School in Computer and Information Security. Financed by the COINS network. Håvard Raddum, Kjell Jørgen Hole, and Mohsen Toorani from Simula UiB gave short courses.
- Arctic Crypt 2016, July 17-22, 2016, Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway. Nearly 80 researchers and PhD students attended the conference. Ronald R. Rivest, Adi Shamir, Thomas Johansson, Willi Meier, Dan Bernstein, Joan Daemen, Eike Kiltz, Tanja Lange, Christian Rechberger, and Gregor Leander gave invited tutorial talks. Selected papers will be published in a special issue of the journal Cryptography and Communications: Discrete Structures, Boolean Functions and Sequences.