S@B has an informal seminar on most Fridays. We meet in the company’s conference room.
9. Feb, 13:00, Albin Severinson, Coding for Distributed Computing 9. Mar, 13:00, Hsuan-Yin Lin, Achieving Private Information Retrieval Capacity in Distributed Storage Using an Arbitrary Linear Code — I 16. Mar, 13:00, Siddhartha Kumar, Achieving Private Information Retrieval Capacity in Distributed Storage Using an Arbitrary Linear Code — II 6. Apr,13:00, Eirik Rosnes, Secure Distributed Storage Systems 13. Apr,14:30, Bjørn Møller Greve, “The Problem of Solving Systems of Boolean Functions” 20.Apr, 13:00, Håvard Raddum, “Secure Messaging and the Signal Protocol” 4.May, 13:00, Martha Norberg Hovd, “Quantitative Literary Theory: When Math Meets Books” 18.May, 13:00, Mithilesh Kumar, Are you Quantum Safe? 25.May, 13:00, Srimathi Varadharajan, “The Oldest Unsolved Problem in Number Theory” 1.Jun, 13:00, Mohsen Toorani, “Mitigating Side Channels in Deduplicating Cloud Storage” 15.Jun, 13:00, Øyvind Ytrehus, “High Precision Production of Noise”
- 22.Jun, 13:00, Martijn Stam, “Untagging Tor: A Formal Treatment of Onion Encryption”
27. Jan, 14:30, Hsuan-Yin Lin, A Survey of Coded PIR Schemes with a Focus on Nonlinear Codes
3. Feb, 14:30, Kjell Jørgen Hole, Limits of Risk Analysis and Adequate Security 24. Feb, 14:30, Håvard Raddum, Representing Multiplication Using BDDs—a New Approach to Integer Factoring 3. Mar, 14:30, Øyvind Ytrehus, Coding for Fast Recovery of Lost IP Packets 10. Mar, 14:30, Eirik Rosnes, Distributed Computing 24. Mar, 14:30, Stian Fauskanger, Combining Statistics Using a Modified Gluing Algorithm 31. Mar, 14:30, Srimathi Varadharajan, Codes from Algebraic Number Fields (part 1) 5. Apr, 14:30, Srimathi Varadharajan, Codes from Algebraic Number Fields (part 2) 7. Apr, 13:00, Bjørn Greve, Pure Mathematics vs the Rest of the World: Who is Right? 21. Apr, 14:30, Christian Otterstad, A Brief Tour of some Features of the x86 and some of its Security Merits 28. Apr, 14:30, Siddhartha Kumar, Private Information Retrieval in Distributed Storage Systems Using an Arbitrary Linear Code 5. May,14:30, Edgar Alonso Lopez Rojas, Computer Simulation of Financial Fraud 2. June, 14:30, Didrik Sæther, Weaknesses in the System for Online Exams 9. June, 14:30, Mohsen Toorani, Security Notions for Symmetric Encryption 16. June, 14:30, Stian Fauskanger, Bitcoin 23. June, 14:30, Yunghsiang S. Han, Novel FFT over Binary Finite Fields and Its Application to Reed-Solomon Erasure Codes
9. Sep, 15:00, Øyvind Ytrehus, Ernst Selmer, Error Detecting Codes, “Fødselsnummer,” Psychology, and Economy, and more? 16. Sep, 15:00, Shahram Rasoolzadeh, Faster Key Recovery Attack on Round-Reduced PRINCE 23. sep, 11:00, Alex Graell, Codes on Graphs and Uncoordinated Multiple Access 30. Sep, 14:00, Gunnar Alendal, Reverse-engineering and Vipps 7. Oct, 13:00, Sidd (Siddhartha) Kumar, Coupled Staircase Codes 14. Oct, 14:15, Mari Garaas Løchen, Working at Simula@UiB 21. Oct, 14:15 Eirik Rosnes, Counter Braids 28. Oct, 15:00, Christian Otterstad, A Brief Introduction to Low-level Exploitation 4. Nov, 14:15, Srimathi Varadharajan, Index Calculus Algorithm for Discrete Logarithm Problem 11. Nov, 14:15, Kjell Jørgen Hole, Web-scale Solutions 18. Nov, 14:15, Håvard Raddum, TLS and PKI in the Real World 22. Nov, 09:15, Tor Inge Sætre and Kevin Donovan, workshop on risk management 25. Nov, 14:15, Bjørn Greve, Elimination of Variables and Solvability of Polynomial Systems over the Boolean Ring 2. Des, 14:15, Mohsen Toorani, Secure Deduplication 9. Des, 14:15, Stian Fauskanger, Bitcoin Blockchain